Total Pageviews

Monday, May 9, 2011

Blog 5A




I was originally drawn to the first image because of the horse and elephants with the ridiculous spider-like legs. Overall it’s a very interesting image, you have the guy down in the bottom left corner he seems to be holding up the procession by brandishing a cross. Also the elephants have some pretty strange and interesting cargo on their backs, the fact that one of the items is glowing with a bright gold light certainly grabs you’re attention

            I chose to zoom in where I did because that area just caught my eye after I’d taken everything else in. There’s just so much going on in the picture that I feel like that part is kind of easy to overlook. Between the giant crazy animals and the stuff they’re carrying there’s definitely enough other stuff in the image to grab you’re attentionl I still can’t tell exactly what it is but it looks like a person about to hand something to another person but I can’t really tell.

            Honestly I have no idea why the artist chose to “frame” this image the way he did. Frankly I have no idea why anything that’s in this image is there. The only possible explanation I give for the original framing is that it’s a much more interesting image when you’re not just zoomed in on those two people.

            I believe the VISUAL INTENSITY of this image is high because of the use of shades of bright gold and a couple instances of nudity. LINE AND SHAPE have heavy influence, well at least line does, in the legs of the creatures, all of which lead your eye on a certain path. There are also strong DEPTH CUES present you can definitely tell what’s supposed to be close or far away based on it’s size and clarity

No comments:

Post a Comment